Tuesday 7 October 2014

BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED, PART 29

BEAUTIFULLY FLAWED

Part 29





Geet… She faintly heard the word leave his mouth but didn’t wait. His voice couldn’t reach her, not now, when this dull ache had taken over making her heart pound in agony. Why was she hurt? It was the unsaid rule of world, to take advantage of weak, and she had fallen weak. Despite the numerous lessons that life had given her she had fallen weak, fallen in love.

Wanting nothing else to be alone and deal with this excruciating pain she tried to close the door. Maan was just behind, although before he could reach she was able to shut herself inside. Shit. She heard him shout and then beat at the door, its vibrations making her thump as she rested her head against the hard wood. Maan wasn’t at fault. She was. A girl like her wasn’t allowed to dream. She was corrupted, wreaked. Everyone thought she had no feeling and treated her like a mere object. Too bad she breathed, too bad that she still felt. Jamming a fist into her mouth, she tried the muffle the sobs. No, it certainly wasn’t his fault.

Outside the room, Maan was pacing like a maniac. She had just gone to shop and they thought she had run away. How could he fucking misinterpret the happiness on her face? It wasn’t that damn hard to see. The genuine delight, belief in her eyes-the brightness of it making her glow. For the first time he had truly seen her happy and what did he do? Ruin it, trash it. He always did that. No matter how hard he tried to make things alright they always went downward. She always got hurt.

The bedroom was at the end of the hallway. He contemplated jumping from one balcony to other and then entering the room through the window. Breaking the door would be easier than falling from second story and breaking his ass, he concluded. No way was he going to stand here and let her form assumptions. Perhaps, Nikita was right. He should’ve told her.

Geet, love, open the door. He pleaded giving a last try. When there was no outcome, he stepped back; braced himself n gave a hard shove. Unfortunately, it did more damage to his shoulder than the door. Releasing a dirty curse he bent over holding his shoulder which hurt like a bitch. He still bore the injuries from the anonymous attack. Standing again he was ready to go for another jostle when the door opened.

She stood there, face hard, and did something he hadn’t expected, she smiled. In the little time before opening the door she had hurriedly combed her hair and washed her face. Now like nothing happened she filled the doorway with that fake smile that made her look shallow. It made him sick. She was pretending, again, hiding her feelings behind the plastic façade. Her belief on his love got washed away so easily, like footprints on sand, a small wave and gone. Strangely, he didn’t blame her. The life that she’d had to live had transformed her into this. Sorrow crept inside him, white, fluid sadness that flowed filling his every corner. He couldn’t even imagine how hard it would have been for her n he felt like killing himself for making her cry now when he should just be bringing her joy.

I largely over reacted. She spoke after measuring the silence. Her voice came out husky from crying and water hadn’t accomplished the job of rinsing the redness from her eyes. Other than that she looked perfect, perfect like a lifeless china doll. That smile still stretched on her lips as she squarely met his gaze. She waited for him to say something but he could do nothing but to look into her honey colored eyes that were holding so much heartbreak that her pain physically stabbed him in the gut. Of all people he could read her, like a book. She revealed to him more than she could ever know.

Snapping out of the inner musings, he pulled her face down to his chest. I am sorry you had to hear that. She deliberately relaxed her rigid form into his arms.

What are you talking about? You aren’t supposed to tell me everything. Until you are keeping me under your roof and providing me with food and all, I can’t complain. She laughed and the sound of it wasn’t pleasant this time.

Don’t act like you’re not hurt because I know you are. It’s my fault, baby. Don’t punish yourself.

She raised her head like he was talking rubbish. Why would I be hurt? I am used to it, okay? And I don’t care how many secrets you have as long as you are paying me and looking after my needs. She withdrew from his embrace as if his hold suffocated her.

I am not paying you. For god’s sake you are my wife. You are just assuming things, just let me explain-

Wife word from his mouth triggered another wave of pain. Looking away she spoke, her voice lacking conviction. I need no explanation.

But I need to explain myself. He grabbed her wrist pulling her inside the room and closing the door.

You don’t need to explain yourself to me. She wanted no more lies. She was perfectly fine with the present ones. All she wanted was peace. She had betrayed a number of people herself including him and didn’t deserve any love or sympathy or truth for that matter. In a small bit of time she would be alright, good as new, to use and discard. She tried to set herself free and get out of the room but he wouldn’t let her. This moment was weak she knew because her mask was slipping. She couldn’t let him see her weak. She wiped a few stray tears with panicky hands while her breath came out in short, labored pants. She was breaking inside, all over again. A heart made only to be destroyed. What a fool she was.

Just listen to me once.

I thought you loved me. God, she was fucking pathetic. I believed you and this marriage. I thought it was real. Her chin trembled and eyes watered.

Oh my god. His heart clenched seeing her like this, trembling and sobbing. He couldn’t point out whether he liked the hard Geet or this one, apparently this wasn’t the time of consider that. My love for you is as real as this floor beneath our feet. Hey, look at me. He forced her face up so her wet eyes had nowhere else to look other than him. Her tears made his eyes burn. I love you. I truly, insanely do. And I married you because I wanted you to remain with me forever. There were no pretenses or lies in that.

Then what was Niks talking about?

Tongue-tied, he sighed. I’ll explain it to you. Sit down. He had childish urge to make her guarantee him that she won’t get angry and hate him. But that would be unfair. He had hid the truth and now had to bear the consequences. She stared at his pacing form with expectation, or rather say, unconcealed hope. Eventually he uttered. The night in hotel wasn’t the first time I saw you. I knew you already. Her eyes widened but he couldn’t take the words back or change the reality. It was better to get over with it.

I had seen you for the very first time during my visit to your college. You were… ethereal snatching my breath away with just a glance. Behind big glasses, plain clothes and a massive bundle of books, there was something to you that had me bounded. We bumped, you remember? He smiled, remembering that magical day. I am sure you don’t. You forgot your book with me, Romeo and Juliet, and in turn took possession of my heart, not a fair trade. I couldn’t stop thinking about you and came to see you again in the college, ambushing you in an abundant classroom, where I got to know your name. Geet. You were the sweetest thing ever and made me feel things. I was head over heels listening to your cute talks and feeling your body against mine. I couldn’t really place the emotion because I had never felt like that before. It was new, nice.

I was an ex student of the same college and so it wasn’t hard to get a little info about you along with your cell number. I called you daily, at nights and you always answered, cursed me in your lovely voice. I stayed silent spiraling in the bliss of your talks. I heard how your room mates teased you and when you left the phone without hanging up to increase my bills, I heard your talks. Believe me massive phone bills were the last thing on my mind when it came to you. Sometimes you didn’t remember to hang up before sleeping and those were the best nights. I many a times heard your breath while sleeping and it was like sleeping with you. Don’t think of me as a pervert, I was love struck. Obsessed, to be more precise.

But then my dad bought me back to reality, reminding me that I had bigger responsibilities and goals. Love was an obstruction. I realized how stupid it was, I wasn’t even entirely sure that I loved you that time and you didn’t even know my name. I thought to give ourselves three years. Three years more of my life for my father and his business and three years of your life for your studies. And then if we were meant to be together we’ll be. I decided I will pursue you then, make you fall in love. Only after three miserable years when I came back for you, I got to know that you were dead, gone in a car accident with your entire family.

How do you know I am that Geet?

Maan frowned. When the sun comes up at the wake of dawn you know it’s the same that you had seen the previous day. You don’t see where it goes or from where it comes from, you just know because the sun is only one and you can recognize its warmth even with closed eyes. His face lost all colors, a sad tint clouding the black orbs of his eyes. I knew it was you at the first glance on your face. You put your arm in mine I recognized the feel, it’s etched into my soul and then your eyes, when I looked into them, every twine in my body sang you were my Geet. I was happy and I was sad… happy because I had found a lost treasure, sad because, my treasure had withered.

A swirl of emotion passed across her face before she turned it away, her hands were tightly fisted upon the sheets as if she were going through some physical torture. I have never been to college. You have mistaken Mr. Khurana, am not the one.

Maan would have laughed if not for the choked throat. Towering over her he held her chin and forced it up. An excellent liar you could be but you fail to fool me. I have learned to read you, Geet. You say you have never been to college and still could understand the complex architectural designs and amend them to perfection. You say you aren’t my Geet but still you melt under my touch, my distance makes you anxious and the fact that I am hiding something makes you hurt like nothing else could. You are my Geet.

The way he said ‘my Geet’ made her cringe. She hadn’t met anyone from her previous life after becoming what she was. And to meet him was nothing short of a beautifully wrapped curse, he was a sweet little memory, as close to love as she had ever been. When he had cornered her to return the book she had been scared and jittery. Nobody had ever told her she was beautiful or touched her the way he did, with heated, tender fingers that turned her insides into jelly. He had been her secret flight to forbidden world that she had own experienced through romantic novels, he was her own little fairy tale.

The calls came every night n she knew-wished-it was him because first call she had received the same day that he had returned the book. She scolded him on phone and he always listened mutely. Her friends used to tease her red. Those days were beautiful, the feelings fresh. It never came to her that she didn’t know his name or had seen his face until that moment when he called for the last time to say goodbye. She had cried in the bathroom when nobody was around because she didn’t know how she would remember him. She had nothing of him really apart from her silly fantasies where he acquired a face and swooped her off her feet turning imagination into reality.

She closed her eyes and felt the wetness glide down her cheeks. She knew he was watching her. He hadn’t seen it but ‘his Geet’ was really dead. She was not the same anymore and he would never get her back again.








______________________________________________
A/N:
I have been terrible with updates of BF. But as promised, Bezuba is done n am back.... I will update BF more frequently now as there are only two FFs in my kitty at the moment. It would be really nice to hear from u, so do leave a commentSmileEmbarrassed.


Please COMMENT, if you liked the update...Star





51 comments:

  1. awsemm update maan trying to make geet understand him but geet denying everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb update

    Once again her dreams broke but is she wrong.. No coz wat her life is and wat she is she feels and knows tat this the so called love filled life and marriage isnt for her.. and so when she heard Maan keeping things she only felt tat he was using her.. but the the truth... she put the facade and showed tat she did not care until and unless she was paid for wat she was giving.

    and then the truth about him... he told her the truth but then the reminder only broke her more coz he was her forbidden desire and love tat she could not get.. his each word brought those memories back tat did not have place in her present cursed life..wait for next now

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh dolly dolly dolly... what would i say!!!! Update was short but the emotion it held just made my heart heavy. He told her the truth... every single thing about him and her of the past. she has been broken so much to believe anything but he did make her hope..at least a little bit. but the last two lines are scaring me to hell.
    as such she holds herself responsible for whatever happened to him but now what she is thinking is just too dangerous. Life is throwing a chance at her but she is denying it. I don't know what reason she has...if it was betraying him for Arjun thing, then I don't think it would much affect anything at all because they are way beyond that now. I believe she has some other reason... and something big that she trying to hide. Just yesterday she was happy because she was married to him but now... ohh dear, its scaring me. she is being given a new life but there is definitely something that is making her think in the negative way.
    and now, i don't think she will be as happy or as excited about her marriage like she was yesterday! she loves him way too much but she is broken beyond repair. but yes, if she really wants maan and loves him she will surely try to come out of it. but right now, her thoughts are just....dangerous!!1

    love
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dipti_Sam:

    All her excitement abt marriage went in drain now :'( poor geet
    Bt cnt blame maan as well
    He was honest enough to tell her the truths, bt it only opened the old scars for geet.
    She is way too drawn in her horrible past tht she doesn't evn feel lyk she can live again
    But hope maan vl make her believe that life can be lead happily with full of love
    Waiting eagerly for the nxt update

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome update

    -orchid/if

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sad,cool and awesome episode.so maan was in love with her way beyond when she was in uni,and she too have fantasy about him,but what happen during that time after maan went away from her is still a misery.
    the last 2 line of this update,'She closed her eyes and felt the wetness glide down her cheeks. She knew he was watching her. He hadn’t seen it but ‘his Geet’ was really dead. She was not the same anymore and he would never get her back again.
    ya she will never be that same geet again as geet dead long time before what he is seeing now is new version of geet who's innocence has lost in those cruel world and she become hooker that identity will never wiped of from her heart so now what she is up to u will tell us better,update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ramarora:
    lovely update as usual.this ff of yours is very deep..geet's grief is understandable.
    hope maan's love will conquer all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome. of all of yr stories this is my most favourite.update soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. have no idea what to say have no idea what to predict the emotions were beautifully written without a flaw for this part of beautifully flawed ;-) something different it was but i guess the emotions and the graduation it attains with each forward step is commendable. their parts have a lot hidden and a lot revealed already would love to know how they acknowledge the facts where they both know each other as one and together in future updates. how would it grow further would be a fun to see ;-) but i see it is heading towards an end as well :-(
    will wait for another update

    PS- my saddest modes and my exams are the best times i spend on myself and my fictional worlds ;-) sorry for being a pain in ass in matter of comments but i really don't get time often and the little i get i do make it up to catch yours at least ;-) so i am being worthy enough :-P hope you not angry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no probs babes... I know life is busy. So its fine... thnx for reading and leaving a comment, muaah

      Delete
  10. Emotional and heart touching updare ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome part. this is what he was discussing with Nikita, him knowing geet before her coming to the business of prostitution. Even though he explain her everything, she can't became the same geet she used to be before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome update. Am actually a silent reader and also a big fan of your stories. Geet is disturbed because she feels Maan is also playing around with her emotions. But after Maan tells her the truth she knows what they were talking about. Wonder what situation got her into prostitution. Waiting for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really thnx for leaving a comment, it was nice to hear from u :)

      Delete
  13. part 29
    awesome dear.............
    excellent...........
    poor Geet...............
    shes so hurt.........................
    finally Maan explained..................
    he knew her since then?
    and he remembers her too....................
    her life has changed her so much that she doesnt want to that innocent life...........
    now its in Maan's hands............
    cont soon dear...........

    Deepa (spvd)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emotional update so sad glad Maan told her the truth so sad she thinks the golf Feet is dead hope he can bring her back and make her live again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful part.... finally the truth is revealed..

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!! such an emotional update....

    ReplyDelete
  17. why are you hell bent on making me cry.. why oh whyyy (being melodramatic thora sa) :P seriously larki..!! you are too good.. dil pe lga (heart touching literally) .. update soon *slurppyy kisseess* :D :P

    NoorFatima (from IF)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. loved all d chpts
    awesome
    whn u hv been in darkness to long light seems scary
    she may be flawed but her soul n heart is pure
    Maan loves her a lot but i think there is more to his story
    Geet shld tell him abt Dev n wht she did
    trust is d base of ever relation
    love Nikks she is not judgmental but sees deeper into things before she forms an opinion.
    wht is dadima'a prob

    ReplyDelete
  20. part 29 - she was too much hurt to know that he was hiding something from her...maan told her everything... when he saw her first...how they met...how he was used to call her every night...he just took break from his obsession b'coss of his father wanted him to concertrate on study & b'ness, then all this would not have happened..he should have kept contact with her at least he would have saved her from the doom...she feels that that innocent geet was dead...hope he will bring old geet back

    IF - Madhuri53

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice update just love it.....so finally Maan told Geet that he knows her from her college days & had feelings for her, it seems she did have feelings for Maan back than. Fate have brought them together at last it seems but in unusual circumstances. hopeing that Maan could bring back that old Geet back. will wait for next update......

    ReplyDelete
  22. so delighted to get this update...
    lthe walk to past and u have penned down geet's hurt very well...
    lifeless china doll..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mishti Gurtian
    wow loved the update . so sad again geet got hurt because of miscommunication.Maan is also hurt seeing her like this.thank god he forced her to listen to him and clear the misunderstandings.Loved the way Maan told that he liked her when he met her in college and how proudly he called her "My Geet ". but geet due to her bitter past doesn't want to reveal her identity.but she is an open book to maan.So waiting to see what happens now

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bookmarking !
    I would surely love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love ❤your writing yaar it makes me sad , happy , passionate & gives a gut-wrenching feel reading their feelings . Your way with words is just terrific�� .Fianlly Maan tells the truth abot how he knew her & Geet's feelings was penned beautifully�� . Simply amazing update brilliant
    Please do lemme know where you want the comments here on blog or IF thread or both then will follow that ....��

    ReplyDelete
  26. thnx dear... I wud prefer if u cud comment here :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Finally read BF after a long time. Pt. 28 & 29 in one go. BF is a very complex FF. Here one is trying really hard to get his love back & another is so battered its almost impossible for her to trust him fully. Maan told her he knew her n fell for her before she became this Geet. But she is not ready to confess that she is that Geet. To her that Geet is dead. But I want Maan to bring back that girl. Its going to be a very hard journey for maaneet. They will have to fight their own demons plus the outside world. Why do I feel there is more to Maan's story? why was he saying Geet will hate him after knowing the truth. The pain both had gone through is immense. And I have a feeling its not going to end so soon. But eventually they will be happy (I Hope!). Wonderful updates. reading ur work feels like eating my fav pastry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Mila... thnx babes for d lovely comment :D

      Delete
  28. awesumly toooouching....loved iit....loved the maneet convo....continue sooon
    ushankitvc

    ReplyDelete
  29. Im just catching up will all the stories… sorry dear for the very late reply. I got really busy for the past few months…

    Coming to the update...
    Geet got misunderstood listening to Maan and Nikita’s conversation, she was really sad after knowing Maan hiding something from her. It was really sad the way she try to hide her sadness and come in front of him again, thanking him for the comfort he’s providing.
    It was the right time and need for Maan to speak the truth he’s been.
    Maan knew Geet for the very beginning, he have been stalking her all the while. He forgot his goal and life around Geet till his father made his realise the reality of life. Maan owe to set the footing in balance then claim his love back to Geet.


    ajenn

    ReplyDelete